Attendees are going to tweet about your conference. You can either let them self-organize (bad idea) or you can help them in their efforts simply by creating and promoting an official hashtag (great idea).
Creating a conference hashtag is super simple. (So simple, in fact, you might want to take it a step further and create hashtags for individual sessions.) The best part? Hashtags are free and can be created without ever having to log in to—or even have—a Twitter account.
Attendees will benefit from an official hashtag by:
- Having an easy way to collect and organize notes.
- Having access to everyone's tweets in one convenient location.
- Continuing discussions after the conference (or session).
- Being able to report problems in real time.
- Receiving conference announcements in real time.
- Receiving promotions or other announcements from exhibitors in real time.