The OCM Board meeting held on 20th January 2009 decided on the following:-
· Approved the formation of the OCM Athletes Commission, with 6 members. Two of them, a male and a female will be co-opted as members of the OCM Executive Board and the OCM Council.
· Approved the following to be Chefs de Mission of Games in 2009:-
1st Asian Martial Arts Games – Encik Clement Soo, Secretary General, Malaysian Karate Federation.
1st Asian Youth Games – Puan Marina Chin, Headmistress, Bukit Jalil Sports School (her appointed was made and approved in 2008).
2nd Islamic Solidarity Games – Y.Bhg. Tan Sri Nordin Hassan, Board Member, National Sports Council.
3rd Asian Indoor Games – Encik N. Shanmugarajah, Secretary General, Malaysian Gymnastics Federation.
· Selected Encik K. Thevaraj, National Judo Coach, to apply for the Olympic Solidarity Coaches Scholarship to attend a Judo Coaches Course at the International Coaches Course at the University of Budapest, Hungary.
· Approved the priority order for the participation of Games to be as follows:
1st Priority – Olympic Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, SEA Games.
2nd Priority – Youth Olympic Games, Commonwealth Youth Games, Asian Youth Games.
3rd Priority – Asian Indoor Games, Asian Beach Games, Asian Martial Arts Games, Islamic Solidarity Games, etc.
· Limit the number of participants of the 12th National Olympic Youth Session to 50 with 20 from NSAs, 20 from overseas and 10 from local universities. Reminded NSAs to send their representatives to participate in the above Youth Session.
· Approved the Volunteer Recognition Scheme of Grass-Roots sports coaches under OCM Sports Goodwill Ambassadors Programme to be as follows:
The coaches should be volunteers, who receive no salaries or collect fees/payments for the services they provide.
The coaches should be involved at grass-roots development of young athletes.
Weightage would be given to coaches who provide their services in rural or small towns.
NSAs and all those who know of any volunteer grass-roots coaches who deserve recognition, please submit their names and brief backgrounds of their involvements sports development to the Olympic Council of Malaysia, by fax (603-27152801) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or my mail (Wisma OCM, Jalan Hang Jebat, 50150 Kuala Lumpur on or before 5th February 2009.